Friday, February 19, 2010

Hotsos Symposium Time Again

It is once again approaching that time of year for the Hotsos Symposium. This will be the eighth year for this grand event which uniquely brings together many of the top Oracle performance experts for 3-4 full days of sessions and networking. For those who don't know, it is March 7 - 11, 2010 in Dallas, TX at the Omni Mandalay Hotel.

Personally this will be my seventh Hotsos Symposium, as I missed the first year when I was in the process of moving from Oracle to Hotsos. One of my big fears of leaving Oracle after 15 years, was that I might be losing my connections to Oracle experts. Fortunately that was not the case and after joining Hotsos and attending events like the Hotsos Symposium, I quickly realized just how many Oracle experts exist outside of Oracle the Company. This event has helped me to build a stronger network of Oracle performance friends than I had when I was working at Oracle. The Hotsos Symposium has even enabled me to build stronger relationships with some of the co-workers I left behind at Oracle.

When I am asked to describe the Symposium, I usually say it is a mini Oracle OpenWorld focused on Oracle performance. It is a once a year event where top Oracle performance experts from around the world come together to present, network, mingle and mix in a little fun as well (Disco Night this year). Oh, I can't leave out the great food and accommodations provided by the Omni Mandalay Hotel.

If you have been to one of the previous Symposiums, then you already know what a great event and opportunity it is to once again rub elbows with many of the top Oracle performance experts in the world. So tell your friends! If you have not previously attended, then this is your opportunity to hear, meet and mingle with people like: Tom Kyte (Keynote Speaker), Tanel Poder (Training Day Speaker) and many other greats on the speaker list.

So, I hope to see you at the Hotsos Symposium this year. Or as my oldest daughter calls it, "the time of year when you travel to Dallas and miss my birthday". Yes, her birthday is Mar 8th. and once again I will be away in Dallas on this day. Sorry Amanda, I promise we will celebrate your birthday when I get home (as usual) - Love Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment